Monday, October 21, 2013

Separated at birth

Have you ever stopped to consider how strange it must be to suddenly become famous? One day you're toiling in obscurity next through promotion or dint of hard work you're recognized everywhere. Hey, look that's my picture in the magazine. The feeling has gotta be weird.

I had, on a vastly different scale, a similar sensation. Idling my spare time, scrolling through Tumblr,  I saw a snap that at first, second and third glances made me wonder if I wasn't looking at a forgotten family photo, someone younger, with great hair.


Having spent entire years wearing that exact outfit, or one similar, toting refreshment amongst convivial company I know that guy.  I've seen my doppelganger.

 (from Wiki)
In fiction and folklore, a doppelgänger or doppelganger (/ˈdɒpəlˌɡæŋər/; German: [ˈdɔpəlˌɡɛŋɐ] ( listen), look-alike, literally a "double goer") is a paranormal double of a living person.
It also describes the sensation of having glimpsed oneself in one's own peripheral vision with no chance of the supposed phenomenon having been a reflection.


I feel like I should find the man in the photo.  I'd be the guy from the future who comes back to warn him, except if he's any guy I know, he wouldn't listen.

Toad

8 comments:

Main Line Sportsman said...

Was that a photo from Muffy's site?

Toad said...

The Object Lesson posted it, however the setting feels like Muffy

Anonymous said...

You're both adorable.

-F

Patsy said...

I saw it on Muffy's site and I swear I know that guy....

Clara Walmsley said...

Looks like someone I know in Northeast Harbor.

Clara Walmsley said...

Who is Muffy ? I went to boarding school with a Muffy, a Manu, and a Minou....

Toad said...

The simple answer is Muffy Aldrich, who writes the Daily Prep blog

http://www.muffyaldrich.com/

yanmaneee said...

outlet golden goose
golden goose outlet
jordan shoes
kobe shoes
nike shox
authentic jordans
adidas yeezy boost
nike air vapormax
balenciaga sneakers
air max 95