Sunday, May 20, 2012

Some for the ladies, some for the gents


I have been keeping my head in the clouds, but it struck me that, in my self absorption, I have been ignoring the ladies. I hope to make amends today.

During my travels I fell upon the British Pathe newsreels archives. What a wonderful time sink. An Aladdin's Cave filled with treasures and of all manner of astonishment's. For your edification I present from the late 1930's newsreels Feminine-Pictorialities. Many of these I really liked, some left me scratching my head, perhaps not being a member of the sisterhood I'm precluded from knowing such things. One thing you will notice however is how little things have changed over the past 80 years.

For the gents, in the "There will always be an England" category, is an especially engaging segment 10 Best Bachelor Pastimes. Eccentrics abound in this lighthearted look at the things males do when women aren't around to interfere. You may pick up an enjoyable pastime or two.

Happy Sunday
Toad


No comments: