Friday, December 18, 2009

keith richards- cool guy



My My Hey Hey Rock and Roll is here to stay, sings Neil Young.

Tony Bourdain on Keith Richards during an interview in St. Paul, Minn.:Tony, I know you appreciate food and can put away large quatities in one sitting. How do you manage to keep trim? I don't get the impression that exercising with a cigarette hanging out of your mouth is the answer.

Anthony Bourdain: My diet and health regime is as follows: a healthy breakfast of coffee and cigarettes, a big lunch, sensible dinner. I don't snack. I don't eat Cheese Doodles. I don't eat Pringles and I'm not into desserts and sweets. I call it the Keith Richards exercise plan. Every day that Keith Richards still walks this earth is a validation of my workout regimen.

Today is Keith's 66th birthday, and 26th wedding anniversary.



According to those who proclaim to know, all it took was the love a good woman, in this case model Patti Hansen, to put paid to the "mad, bad, dangerous to know" Keith of old. He's mellowed into a thoughtful, loving husband, parent and general good guy.



Still though, I'd hate to see that mug in the mirror whenever I looked.

Toad

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm convinced there is not a person alive who has not secretly wished they could be a Rolling Stone for a day..........or four.

As for me, it's no secret wish.....! !

I would jump at the chance to invite KR to dinner.
THAT would be as good as Stone for a day.............

Town and Country House said...

You'd hate to see that mug in the mirror? What about waking up to that every morning by your side!? Yikes! Of course, he does seem to have kind eyes . . . .

Suburban Princess said...

Town and Country Mom just said what I was thinking! What a way to start the day! *shudder*

Toad said...

I think the wish to be a stone for a day is really to want near unlimited power. That would be cool.

Dinner with Keith, and Charlie Watts could turn out interesting. I'm not certain they'd come though.

LPC said...

Apparently he told his wife in no uncertain terms, "Hands off the hair!"

tintarosa said...

26 years married! That's an eternity in the entertainment biz. He is to be congratulated. Probably another congrats for making it to 66. He definitely looks every year plus 15 more.

Toad said...

Band mate Charlie Watts is working on 46 years married to the same bride.

Anonymous said...

I understand Bourdain's reverence of our pop icon, but surely emulating the only man living with a post-tannery leather hide is not quite the thing to do.