Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Disappointment

I bet this has never happened to you.

It's rare I make morning appointments. I tend to sleep in, and let the world wake up before me. I believe that since I don't have to be anywhere at any particular time I can leave the merchants and doctor's early appointments for those who do not have the freedom of schedule I have. Makes me feel virtuous.

This morning I had an early appointment. Couldn't be helped. As I lie in the netherworld between dreaming and wakefulness, I mentally assembled my wardrobe for the day. I was gonna look pretty good.

Finally I awoke, had my coffee, attended my ablutions, headed to the closet to assemble my planned outfit, searched too long for the tie and realized I did not OWN a solitary piece of my day's pre assembled raiment. What a downer.

Toad

4 comments:

Martha said...

What a downer!

Katy McIntyre said...

That's right up there with mentally assesing an outfit and in your head you look great but when you put it on you are suddenly reminded that you are not 6' tall and 120lbs.

Gladys said...

Since 3/4 of my wardrobe is still hanging in my closet 1700 miles away I do this often.

News Readin' Wife said...

Oh, Toad - I got such a laugh from this post. It happens to me all the time.